DAWSON COUNTY, Ga. — Planning Director Jameson Kinley will present a proposed mobile home ordinance that will regulate all mobile homes moving into or within the county during the Board of Commissioners work session Thursday at 4p.m.
The county does not have a minimum standard code for mobile homes and commissioners believe it is in the best interest of the public to update the Land Use Ordinance to accommodate the new ordinance.
Other items on the Work Session agenda include:
- Presentation of FY 2022 Council of Accountability Court Judges / Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Enhancement Grant for Dawson County Treatment Court;
- Presentation of FY 2022 Council of Accountability Court Judges / Criminal Justice Coordinating Council Enhancement Grant for Dawson County Family Treatment Court;
- Presentation of Special Event Business License Application for the Dreamland Amusement Carnival;
- Presentation of Application for Parade and Assembly for the 4-H Rabies Clinic;
- Presentation of Vape Ordinance Update;
- Appointment of Karen McCord to replace Nancy Stites who is retiring
- Discussion of Sewer Issues at Fire Station.
Commissioners will kick off the voting session with a special recognition of the Rotary Club’s Employees of the Year, County Manager David Headley and Rotary Club President Sharon Hall.
The Board will then hear a series of zoning requests including:
- SU 21-01 – Candie Parkey requests a special use of TMP 067-005 for the purpose of placing a second mobile home on 5 acres in a RA (Residential Agriculture) zoning;
- ZA 21-01 – Lucas Ray requests to rezone TMP 104-032 from RA (Residential Agriculture) to RSRMM (Residential Sub-Rural Manufactured Moved) for the purpose of subdividing the parcel per RSRMM guidelines;
- ZA 21-02 – Alex Myers requests to rezone TMP 113-093-001 from RA (Residential Agriculture) to CIR (Commercial Industrial Restricted) for the purpose of relocating an existing transfer station and constructing a new facility
- ZA 21-03 – Jim King requests to rezone TMP 096-036 from RA (Residential Agriculture) to RSR (Residential Sub-Rural) for the purpose of subdividing the parcel per RSR standards.
Under New Business, the Board will consider:
- Moving forward with Public Hearings for a Broadband Ready Community Ordinance;
- Moving with Public Hearings for an Alcohol Ordinance Update;
- A Drug and Alcohol Program Manager policy update;
- Ratification of Fire Station 2 Sewer Emergency Purchase Repair and Budget.