DAWSON COUNTY, Ga. – Director of Emergency Services Danny Thompson will ask the Board of Commissioners to renew a Memorandum of Understanding with the Georgia Forestry Commission during Thursday’s work session.
The agreement will facilitate the purchase and operation of Georgia Forestry equipment and trucks at a reduced cost to address response to urban wildlife interface fires.
Thursday’s meeting will begin at 4 p.m. and will be immediately followed by a regular meeting and public hearings.
Industrial Building Authority Chairman Gary Coates will make a presentation of the staggered terms and appointment of members to the IABDC.
During the voting session commissioners will hold the following public hearings:
- Alcohol License Transfer (Retail Package Sale of Beer, Wine and Distilled Spirits) – Gopika Liquor dba 400 Package;
- George Butler as agent for owners requests to rezone TMP 097-099 from RA (Residential Agriculture) to RS2 (Residential Suburban 2) for the purpose of developing a 194-residential-lot subdivision (Dawson Forest Road East).
- Mincey Land Management requests to rezone TMP 113-017 from RA (Residential Agriculture) to CHB (Commercial Highway Business) for the purpose of constructing an indoor gun range (Highway 53 East);
- Fall Leaf Residential requests to rezone TMP 085-016 from RSR (Residential Sub-Rural) to RS3 (Residential Suburban 3) for the purpose of developing a 141-residential-lot subdivision (Highway 9 South);
- Jim King on behalf of Jackie and Jerry Townley requests to rezone TMP 115-044 from RA (Residential Agriculture) to RSR (Residential Sub-Rural) for the purpose of subdividing the parcel (Blue Ridge Overlook);
- Dawson County requests to rezone TMP 113-011 and 113-092 from CHB (Commercial Highway Business) to RMF (Residential Multi-Family) and CHB for the purpose of developing a commercial component and multi-family dwellings.
In other business, the Board will consider:
- A study concerning the cost of services by Land Use Type;
- The Sheriff’s request for additional staffing;
- A local Emergency Operations Plan Update;
- An amendment to ‘Section 2-111-Solicitations. 13.b. $25,000.00 and above, Sealed Solicitations’ of the Purchasing Policy Ordinance;
- Ratification of the Liberty Church Road Emergency Repair Request