DAWSON COUNTY, Ga. — The Dawson County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session Thursday (Feb. 4) at 4 p.m. to be followed immediately by a voting session in the Government Center Assembly Center, 25 Justice Way in Dawsonville.
Item No. 1 under New Business will be a request by Sheriff Jeff Johnson for additional office staffing.
Emergency Services Director Danny Thompson will then present an update of the Local Emergency Operations Plan.
Purchasing Manager Melissa Hawk will present a proposed amendment to the county’s Purchasing Policy Ordinance.
David Headley will present the county manager report.
Development Authority of Dawson County Chairman Tony Passarello will then make a presentation to open the voting session.
Commissioners will also consider:
- A review of the County Employee Handbook’s Paid Time Off Policy;
- A request to Accept Georgia Child Passenger Safety Mini-Grant;
- Rock Creek Park Berm Construction – Change Order / Funding Request;
- Harry Sosebee Road Right-of-Way and Development Agreement Acceptance;
- Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development Program;
- Elected Official Salaries;
- Board of Commissioners Vice Chair Appointment;
- Study Concerning Cost of Services by Land Use Type (Residential / Commercial / Agriculture);
- A Revised Resolution Requesting the Calling of a Special Election to Impose a County One Percent Special Purpose Local Option Sales and Use Tax.