DAWSONVILLE, Ga. – Dawsonville City Council adopted the $7,006,090 FY 2019-2020 budget during the Monday’s regular meeting.
The general fund revenue and expenditures are balanced at $2,174,484. SPLOST VI revenue is projected to be raise $1,812,812, an increase of approximately $425,000 from last year’s budget. The council held the first public hearing on May 20.
Council also unanimously approved the bid of $825,380 by Jasper-based Magnum Contracting, LLC to build the new 7,500-square foot farmer’s market that will include a pavilion, 34 parking spaces, picnic area, playground and restrooms. Funding was approved in SPLOST VI.
Councilman Mark French made a motion to table a decision on contracting with an audit firm to conduct the next city audit. French said he believes council needs more time to review the proposals. Jason Power seconded the motion which was unanimously approved.
Councilman Jacob Phillips made a motion to eliminate the construction management position that was supported by a unanimous vote.
Annexation and zoning requests council approved include:
- A request by James E. Bottoms to annex into the city the 80-acre tract located at 0 Cleve Wright Road and rezoning from County Zoning of RA (Residential Exurban/Agriculture) to City Zoning of RA (Restricted Agriculture). Council held a public hearing on May 20;
- A request by Ensite Civil Consulting LLC for rezoning 38.58 acres located at 592 Hwy 53 West, from R-3 (Single Family) to RPC (Residential Planned Community) with eight stipulations;
- A request by Jamie McCracken to annex into the city limits of Dawsonville the property located at 551 Gold Bullion Drive West and a request to rezone from County Zoning of RPC (Residential Planned Community) to City Zoning of PUD (Planned Unit Development);
- A request by Anthony Tarnacki to annex into the city limits of Dawsonville the property located at 143 Gold Bullion Drive West and a request to rezone from County Zoning of RPC (Residential Planned Community) to City Zoning of PUD (Planned Unit Development);
- A request by Larry Lowman for a zoning amendment for a 5 acre portion of property located at Reece Road and Elliott Family Parkway, from R1 (Single Family Residential) to LI (Light Industrial).
Annexation and zoning requests council denied include:
- A request by Dan S. and Vanita L. Anderson to annex into the city limits a portion of the 12.19-acre tract at 378 Shoal Creek Road and rezoning from County Zoning RA (Residential Exurban/Agriculture) to City Zoning of R1 (Single Family Residential). Council attorney said the annexation is prohibited under state law because it would create an island in the city;
- A request by Mostafa Elahy to amend the zoning stipulations for 9.14 acres located at 280 Maple Street South.
- An appeal of a Planning Commission recommendation to deny a density variance for Ensite Civil Consulting for property located at 592 Hwy 53 West.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com