DAWSONVILLE, Ga. — The Dawsonville City Council will meet Monday, Apil 3 at 5 p.m. in the G.L. “Pete” Gilleland Council Chambers at City Hall, 415 Highway 53 East. Among the items council will decide is an amendment to zoning conditions that would relax noise and light restrictions on Atlanta Mororsports Park at 80 Joe Lane Cox Road.
Council will hold a public hearing to allow citizens to express their support or opposition.
The issue prompted the Dawson County Board of Commissioners to write a letter to city government expressing its opposition. Commissioners acknowledge they have no jurisdiction in the matter, but requested the city to take into consideration the opposition of county residents who live near the facility.
- Items to be voted on under New Business, include
- Appointment of a member to fill the vacancy on the Planning Commission;
- A proposed change to the alcohol ordinance
- Setting a deadline for submitting agenda items and support documents;
- Acceptance of bids for water meters;
- Acceptance of bids for water system improvements/well development;
- Renewal of the lease agreement with the house located at 224 Flat Creek Drive;
- A resolution proclaiming April 23-29 as Georgia Cities Week;
- A special event permit to serve alcohol at the Bowen Arts Center.
Council will then hear staff reports from the City Manager Bob Bolz, City Clerk Bonnie Warne and Utilities Director Gary Barr.