When it comes to sports coverage if it is happening in North Ga, Team FYN Sports is #AllOverIt
Join the team…#TeamFYNSports!!!
Join us on the sidelines for Friday Night Lights as a member of our sports crew!
GREAT opportunities for:
- Internship in either high school or college
- Part-time and/or full-time work
- Experience in sports reporting at the local level!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Post sports schedule(s) to our site.
- Commit to an entire season of that sport.
- Be prepared to cover all home and away games. Transportation is not provided.
- If there is a game you cannot make it to for scheduling reasons you must let management know it 36 hours in advance. Arrive at the sporting event/game a minimum of 30 min before it begins.
- Postgame updates before, during and after the game on Twitter and Facebook.
- Create a “hype” video clip of the team warming up, running out. starting kick off, etc (Using Magisto or Quick Story). Post this to social media.
- Take notes and pics during the sporting event/game.
- Write an article and post it on our website in the correct county under TeamFYNSports.
- Share the link and all pictures taken from the event on our TeamFYNSports Facebook.
- Pick a player of the week (Football ((different player each week)) & Basketball ((one boy and one girl player each week))
- When possible:
- Coaches Interviews
- Player Interviews
- College signings
- Follow up story once student-athlete is attending college and playing sport there.
- Coaching staff changes
About Team FYN Sports:
Team FYN Sports is the fastest-growing sports network in North Georgia and western North Carolina. Team FYN Sports is the sports division of media outlet Fetch Your News (FetchYourNews.com). FYN covers a dozen counties total, ten in North Georgia and two in North Carolina.
If interested in this opportunity, please contact Lauren:
Phone number: 706.276.NEWs (6397)
CARROLLTON– GDOT moves Georgia! It can help set your career in motion too! If you are looking for an exciting, challenging, and professional transportation career, join Georgia DOT job fair in Carrollton Georgia.
The Georgia DOT Northwest Georgia (District 6) Office will host a job fair from 9 to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, February 20 at the Carrollton Goodwill Career Center, located at 1301-D South Park Street, Carrollton, Georgia 30117. The District Office plans to hire entry-level maintenance professionals.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old, with a high school diploma or a GED, and a have a valid Class C driver’s license.
“The Georgia DOT District Office in Cartersville serves 17 counties in northwest Georgia. We maintain five major interstates and many state routes. We are seeking eager and dedicated applicants to maintain the roadways,” said Terry Lee, regional recruiter at the Georgia DOT Office of Human Resources. “New hires will receive on the job training in various maintenance duties.
Applicants are encouraged to wear business casual attire and bring several copies of their resumes. Contingent job offers will be presented to the most qualified applicants the same day. New hires must obtain a Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within six months of employment.
For more information about the job fair, please (404) 290-7344. Job seekers can also apply online at www.Team.Georgia.gov/careers, or complete an application at the Georgia Department of Transportation – Buchanan Office, located at 4323 US HWY 27, Buchanan, GA 30113.