• Walmart Evacuated After Bomb Threat Sunday

    DAWSONVILLE, Ga. — Dawson County Sheriff Jeff Johnson confirmed Monday afternoon that it was a bomb threat that led to the evacuation of Walmart off Ga. 400 Sunday. In an email, Johnson said the Sheriff’s Office received a bomb threat at approximately 6:29 p.m. Sunday. Deputies responded and a three-hour search was conducted utilizing Explosive […]

    Read More »
  • Commissioners Review GDOT Roundabout Proposal

    DAWSONVILLE, Ga. — The Dawson County Board of Commissioners will review a proposal by the Georgia Department of Transportation to build a roundabout at SR 136 Bailey Waters/Keith Evans Road intersection during Thursday’s work session that begins at 4 p.m. GDOT provided commissioners with three concepts for their consideration, five year crash data, and a […]

    Read More »
  • Child Dies of Injuries in Wednesday Car Wreck

    DAWSON COUNTY, Ga. – The 2-year-old child injured in an automobile accident in Dawson County Wednesday has died. Georgia State Patrol has identified the child as Adelyn Eubanks of Ball Ground. Following the accident, Eubanks was taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville, then airlifted to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta for treatment. The child […]

    Read More »
  • Drowning Victim Was a Dawson County Man

    DAWSONVILLE, Ga. – Authorities have identified the man who drowned at War Hill Park Tuesday as David Howser, 55, of 711 River Valley Road in Dawsonville. David Manke, a friend of the victim, told Forsyth County Deputy C.A. Miller that Howser was attempting to swim back to shore when he went under water and never […]

    Read More »
  • County Will Get 65 “Gently Used” Voting Machines

    DAWSONVILLE, Ga. – The county’s aging voting machines are about to be replaced. The machines have been in use for 16 years and can no longer be repaired. Commissioners voted Thursday to buy 65 machines from San Diego County at a cost of $39,194.90. San Diego’s machines have only been used once but, because their […]

    Read More »
  • County Employees Health Insurance Cost Increases

    DAWSONVILLE, Ga. – The Dawson County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously Thursday to increase by five percent the amount county employees will contribute to their own health insurance plan with Northwest Benefit Corporation. In the past, the county has paid 85 percent of the cost while employees paid the remaining 15 percent. The plan approved […]

    Read More »
  • Rain Did Not Dampen Memorial Day Spirit

    “I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free And I won’t forget the men who died who gave that right to me” Lee Greenwood DAWSONVILLE, Ga. — Monday’s gray skies and steady rainfall dampened the day just a bit, but it did not dampen the spirit of those who gathered […]

    Read More »
  • Dawson County Economy is Booming in 2017

      DAWSONVILLE Ga. – The economic doldrums of the past 10 years appear to be over in Dawson County. Charlie Auvermann, executive director of the Development Authority of Dawson County, says the 400 corridor is bustling with new business development, jobs are available for anyone who wants to work and sales tax revenue has experienced […]

    Read More »
  • FetchYourNews.com - Dedicated to serve the needs of the community. Provide a source of real news-Dependable Information-Central to the growth and success of our Communities. Strive to encourage, uplift, warn, entertain, & enlighten our readers/viewers- Honest-Reliable-Informative.

    News - Videos - TV - Marketing - Website Design - Commercial Production - Consultation


    FetchYourNews.com - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700 chief@FetchYourNews.com

    Back to Top