|· An addendum to the Apple master lease for Phase III of the 1:1 rollout for grades 10 through 12 to be signed by Superintendent Dr. Damon Gibbs;
· A contract for construction management services with Carroll Daniel Construction for the construction of the Dawson County High School (DCHS) College and Career Academy, DCHS interior renovations, and the completion of the unfinished classrooms at DCMS; and
· Per Diem in the amount of $200 for Elaine Wilson to attend the Georgia School Board Association Director Meeting March 9 and 10 in Lawrenceville.
Much of Monday’s meeting was dedicated to recognizing outstanding academic and athletic achievements of students and staff.
Among those honored were:
· All-state chorus members Maggie Wright and Jonathan Matthews;
· 2018 Star Student Marley Hamby and Star Teacher Laura Hendrix;
· The Dawson County Junior High School (DCJHS) boys basketball team that finished 10-2 overall and 8-0 in the Mountain League and won the North Georgia League Championship;
· The DCHS girls basketball team that qualified for the state tournament for an unprecedented sixth straight season;
· The DCHS boys basketball team that finished fourth in Region 7AAA;
· Members of the DCHS wrestling team who qualified for the state tournament, including Wyatt Smith, Levi Baggett, Jake Williams, Nate Umberger, Kelton LeBaron and Brandon Jones; and
· The Robinson Elementary School Perennial Math Team where the fourth and fifth grade teams won their division and third graders finished third.
The board also recognized the contributions of the school system’s maintenance and custodial staff before going into executive session.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com
Robinson Elementary School Perennial Math Team
Star Student Marley Hamby, center, and Star Teacher Laura Hendrix, right.
All-State Chorus members Jonathan Matthews and Maggie Wright.